AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Bet you didn't do this today!!!!!!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

blackshirts
Posted 11/8/2012 22:13 (#2686756)
Subject: Bet you didn't do this today!!!!!!!!

Western Nebraska
I was in the middle of the pasture putting in a new corner post with my dad and hired man. We dug the first hole (dry as a bone) and set the tie. Went on to the next hole and was about to put the tie in the hole and my cell phone rang. It was my wife so I thought I better answer. We finished our conversation and I put my phone back in my SHIRT pocket. We set the second tie and finished tamping it and put the brace in and stretched all the wire. It was dark at this time and we were going to quit. I got in the pickup to drive out of the gate and went to reach for my phone but, it was not in my shirt pocket. Looked all over on the ground, in the grass, in the pickup, it was no where. Even had the hired man call it. Never heard it ring. By the way, it was set to ring and vibrate. Got to thinking that the last time I had my phone was just before I put the tie in hole number 2. I said that it has to be in the bottom of the hole.......... So, I thought about getting a new phone and losing all of my contacts (450 or so) and starting over. Then I looked at my dad and hired man and said let's go get that damn thing. So we started the bobcat and turned on the lights and pulled the tie and I started digging with a pair of post hole diggers. Got down about half way and started digging it out with a coffee can that was once full of staples. Had the hired man call it a couple more times and nothin. Dug a little more and called again. We heard it vibrating in the hole. No joke! Dug another foot with the coffee can (didn't want to hit with the diggers) and reached down with my finger tips and felt around and found my phone. Pulled it out and opened it up (flip phone) I had 5 missed calls all from the hired man. We couldn't believe it. Dad said I better put that thing on the dash of the pickup from now on. Hired man said I should go buy a lottery ticket.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)