AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

TV reception question
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Computer TalkMessage format

tony2tall
Posted 11/8/2012 23:02 (#2686898 - in reply to #2686217)
Subject: RE: TV reception question

North East Arkansas

iowacy - 11/8/2012 17:16 In our bedroom we had an old tv hooked up to a converter box to get digital tv through the air. We were able to get 15 channels. We just bought a new 24" Toshiba tv and we only get 7 stations. We have a 15" Polaroid in the kitchen that is hooked to the same antenna and it gets many more stations. Is there that much difference in the tuners? Would a different brand have a better tuner? We have other Toshibas hooked to dish network and love those tvs. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Was listening to Call In Talk Radio Show the other day and a Computer/TV Tech was asked what is the best TV? Reply - Samsung & Toshiba.

A high quality antenna can make up the difference between TV tuners.

When converter boxes became active I discovered my TV hooked to c box received better than the digital ready TV. When I installed 8-Bay (Bowtie) UHF antenna in attic, my reception was greatly enhanced. One caveat with this type antenna is won't pick up VHF stations. Most digital TV stations broadcast on UHF band but a few are on VHF band. If you want a good antenna check out this http://www.warrenelectronics.com/  Radio Shack, Lowe's, Home Depot etc don't offer long range antennas as does Warren. They have some combo antennas that are huge in length and long range capability. My house has hip roof so no gables to attach antenna or I would have one. Roof to steep to mount antenna up there.

I have 3 TVs (2 are identical Sonys) hooked to antenna in attic. Best reception is with TV connected to shortest run of cable.

My DISH DVR has the feature of running a scan for Over The Air (OTA) channels then adds those channels with Satellite channels in the program guide. The DVR runs two TVs and the #2 TV receives OTA Channels without being connected to antenna. DISH offers a optional module that plugs into the back of receiver that enables to receive OTA channels. I think they are $15.00 including S & H. Very easy to install. Won't go in but one way.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)