AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

inversion tables & hot tubs.
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Illinois John
Posted 11/8/2012 11:10 (#2685787 - in reply to #2685434)
Subject: RE: inversion tables & hot tubs.

Crawford County, Robinson, Illinois

farmer's wife - 11/8/2012 06:39 Any ideas for hot tubs and getting rid of the muscle knots. Thanks

When I had Lyme Disease, had lots of aches and pains, was told that those on public aid often got a hot tub purchased for them, if the Dr. prescribed it, because it was cheaper for them to own it than to take treatments at a medical facility.

I can't say it cured my pain, but at least I had a half hour without pain when in the tub.  Sometimes the pain goes away for a long time after being in the tub for a half hour.  Recently, I had West Nile, lost a lot of muscle use, but after I struggled in and out of the tub, it did help quite a bit.  Seldom does a day go by that I don't spend some time in the tub, but I have a place inside for it, doubt if I would use it in winter, even though I know several that do get in outside when the snow is on.

I have considered an inversion table for my back, but now I have lost cartilage in both knees, so decided not to go that route.  Years ago, a freind told me her Father had back problems and put a hook in the ceiling over his bed, used a block and tackle to suspend himself upside down, and it gave him lots of relief.  He used towels on his legs to hook the tackle to himself.  Friend said her Father came up with the idea after hearing that race horses were often hung upside down for pain relief.  She claimed her Father had good success with that procedure, and I never heard of doing that until some years later when iinversion tables became fashionable.  

My Nephew has one, doesn't use it anymore, like most of the people I have learned that have one.  Kinda like the treadmill advertised in the newspaper:  For Sale, Treadmill, hardly used, call 555-5555, ask for Tubby.         

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)