AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Field fresh trade-ins, do you clean them?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

servicetechil
Posted 11/8/2012 09:58 (#2685695 - in reply to #2685199)
Subject: Re: Field fresh trade-ins, do you clean them?

Villa Grove, IL
The approach I took at the dealership was if a guy keeps his equipment clean year after year and it comes in on trade just as clean as it went out, he has all the room in the world to expect a clean machine to show up at his yard when he trades. A lot of this applies to the guys that are on yearly roll programs. Some guys would demand their new piece to be absolutely 100% clean down to now waterspots or dust on the hood. To me, that was fine as long as the piece they had used for a year was at least cleaned up and looked like they had washed it off (not really concerned about waterspots or small stuff). If a guy was as particular with himself on cleanliness as he was with me then I would go above and beyond and do whatever he asked. If the guy was that picky but that was the last time a piece saw a pressure washer until it went back to the dealership, I wasn't nearly as understanding.

Back to the original post, I would was it with the pressure washer. I wouldn't be concerned with getting it to "show room" quality like you had in one of your pictures. But, the way I always clean up our rental equipment or something we trade in is I assume the dealer won't have time to clean it before it goes back out so I get it as clean as I would expect it to show up on my farm. If it's going back out then it's going to get dirty so it doens't have to be 100%. And if the dealer is going to clean it up, at least you've saved them a great deal of time by going over it with the pressure washer.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)