AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Sighting in 22
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Thud
Posted 11/8/2012 06:59 (#2685363 - in reply to #2685100)
Subject: Re: Sighting in 22

Near-north Ontario, French River
Ok, I know I'll be accused of being a safety weenie but what are you thinking shooting pigeons off a roof with a 22? That pretty much violates one of the cardinal rules of gun safety, you know the one about being sure whats behind your target. There are three scenarios, first one is you hit the pigeon , second you miss and punch a hole in your roof and third you miss both pigeon and roof and now have a bullet flying off to who knows where. You may discount this but I personally know a guy that had a bullet come through the front window of his house, lodged in the wall right above his couch/sofa. That bullet came from a guy that was using a rifle to try to shoot a large bird out of a tree, he missed and the bullet went 1/2 mile before hitting the house. Had the home owner been in the house watching tv there's a fair chance he or his wife would have been hit. Now back to the original question, I agree with the others. Sight the gun in for 50 yds ,and then shoot at 25 and 75 yds to see where things land. With a 22 most of your shots should be 50 yrds or less.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)