AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can Anyone Help Me out With Lightbars?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Minuteman Farmer
Posted 11/8/2012 13:55 (#2685975 - in reply to #2683987)
Subject: Re: Can Anyone Help Me out With Lightbars?

Ben, I went with a used 2600 monitor and a new receiver this year when I set up a new to me 7820 (so we keep the EZ Guide 250 in the sprayer tractor). It cost a little more than I wanted to spend because I ended up installing the steering valve, but, I've been really happy with it not just for autosteer but the mapping and documentation as well. I've continued to learn/play with it and was able to download all of the yield maps from our custom combine guy and now have a full season of yeild comparisons, variety maps, elevation maps, soil maps, etc, etc. Right now I'm running SF2 on and 8/16 planter and it did evrything I wanted to do as far as accurate autosteer. Unless you're going to strip till, or want to put on your own NH3 and follow the exact same strips when you plant, it'd probably be hard to justify the RTK expense. I farm 750 with my Dad and work full time and someday I'd like to start puttin on our own NH3 with RTK and then use the exact same line to plant into next year. Until then, I think SF2 is the way to go.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)