AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Can Anyone Help Me out With Lightbars?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

BenP
Posted 11/7/2012 12:48 (#2683987)
Subject: Can Anyone Help Me out With Lightbars?

Central Nebraska
I would really, really like autosteer, but with buying a farm and trying to pay down some student loan debt, along with new siding and windows for the house, it's going to have to wait. I sprayed last year with a JD 4755 and a Demco 60' 3 point sprayer. It worked well, but counting rows while trying not to mash down too many crops and not run my booms into the ground or something else really, well, sucked. We are on ridges here, so I don't need it so much for staying in a straight line, but for getting me on the right row when I turn. My sprayer wasn't a huge investment, but I want it to last, so I'd rather watch it while I'm turning and not have to worry about counting rows.

I was also wondering how hard it would be to move one from tractor to tractor. I don't disk much, but I was thinking that when I do, it would be nice to move the lightbar into my 8320 and hopefully be halfway straight when disking. How many inches is a lightbar accurate to?

I don't know anything about lightbars and searching on here didn't really answer my questions (I probably didn't search well enough) so anything you guys could tell me I'd appreciate. Feel free to suggest a lightbar for me to purchase.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)