AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Traction. JD 8300-Cat MT755- JD 8430 ILS comparison
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

rusty1
Posted 10/23/2012 23:21 (#2657767)
Subject: Traction. JD 8300-Cat MT755- JD 8430 ILS comparison

South Australia
Obviously the cat pulls the best no doubt but my question is.

We have some steep hills and our JD 8300 used to really struggle for traction pulling our seeder up these hills (we were also underpowered and once we went back a few gears we had huge amounts of slip)

A couple years ago we bought a MT755 and it pulls aunreal, obviously more power but goes up anything with no slip at all even with only 25% left in the 18" tracks.

The thing is we are very happy with it seeding but we also need to use the tractor for spreading fertiliser, grain cart and we pull a big square baler on our own farm plus contract baling. For these applications we find the tractor can screw up the fields if not careful and its just plain rough to ride in mainly if the soil is hard and dry then we feel every bump and stone. I can put up with it most of the time but others are not so keen.

I see the alternative maybe a JD 8430 with ILS and I know it wont pull like the Cat but how much better would it be than our original 8300 for straight line up hill pulling, it would definatley be more versatile machine.

In some ways I would be sorry to see the Cat go but maybe it doesn't suit our enterprise. Would new tracks make it ride better? Can we add any sort of cab suspension?

Thanks for your time, Russell
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)