AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

skid steer Bobcat,John Deere or New Holland which is best?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Erik in SD
Posted 10/19/2012 21:21 (#2650328 - in reply to #2649975)
Subject: RE: skid steer Bobcat,John Deere or New Holland which is best?

East Central SD
I have owned a LS160 and L175 NH, and liked them both, but needed to upgrade this past spring. I'm with SheepHerder on this, NH should have never changed to what they have now. After mechanics and other farmers told me not to buy the 200 series, I crossed them off of my list. So, I purchased a new JD 320D with pilot controls. Absolutely the worst purchase I have ever made. Wheel motor leaking from the factory, air in the hyd system that took 3 trips to the dealer to get bleed correctly, horribly loud engine (outside of the cab), a 2 second delay in the pilot controls (for the motion of the machine) that dealer checked many times, and everytime checked out within specs, very poor bucket breakout force. That's just the main problems that I can think of off hand. Thankfully, I finally sold it, and have a new Bobcat coming. Now, I'm not saying that bobcat is purfect, but my dad used to have one, and it was pretty reliable. The new cooling system on the bobcats has been improved- dairys that I've talked to said the went from blowing out the radiator daily to about every 10 days in feeding conditions. I hope I like this new one. I think I will, but only time will tell. From the demo, it's better than the deere in my opinion, and I hope if gives me as good of service as the L series NH.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)