AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Brillion disc chisel (pics)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

1156versatile
Posted 10/20/2012 09:04 (#2650992 - in reply to #2649615)
Subject: Re: Brillion disc chisel (pics)

Strathcona, mn
It had rained recently and the stalks were wet so they were covering extra well. I was running 4" slash points at about 10" deep. If you had enough tractor on it you could probably go close to 14" deep, but it would require 500hp to pull it. The 25" disks do an awesome job of sizing residue, you can put the weight of the entire machine on them and sink them 10" deep to the spools if you want to. I am pricing out a harrow for it, I will probably go 5/8" x 30" tines. I am a little apprehensive of putting a harrow on as it does such a good job of covering stalks I don't want to pull them back to the top. this tool does a better job of coverage then my landcommander disk ripper with 9x24" spacing and 7" points and 8" coverboards. This sizes as well or better with the 7.5" coulter spacing and moves a lot more soil vertically than the ripper points do. It seems to like to be pulled at or over 6mph to do the best job. I never thought a disk chisel could pull the snot out of my 425hp tractor, glad I didn't get the 21 shank model then I'd be stuck pulling it only with the 1156 versatile. The lit lists it as 20-25hp per shank but to make it do its thing I'd say it requires 25+hp per shank.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)