AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

5088 combine piling on sieves in green beans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

notilltom
Posted 9/21/2012 00:30 (#2601809)
Subject: 5088 combine piling on sieves in green beans

Oswald No-Till Farm Cleghorn, IA
Greetings,

My new 5088 with 3020 30' head has been quite the performer in this years dry beans with green stems. The cutting and feeding has been quite good for the 10 or so separator hours I have run it. Loads testing 10% but the smell is more like hayage than soybean straw coming out the back.

However, on three occasions, I have had the rear end pile full of straw and debris over the sieves.

Rotor speed 620-690, 12-15 on concaves. It is doing a pretty good job considering variability across the field.

Fan running 1150-1200
Chaffer (1 5/8" corn) front closed (per the book), middle 6-9, back similar to middle
1 5/8" cloz Sieve a couple mm less than chaffer ... say 5-6.

Chopper on high speed, knives up, pan up.

First time it happened I figured I had chopper pan in middle so maybe less efficient so put pan up.

Second time it happened, I thought chaffer/sieve were too flat thus cutting down on air.

Early tonight, I was surprised as it worked well all day but was going through some pretty tough stuff yet was feeding great. All of a sudden noticed yield too low and debris in the grain tank and spreaders not throwing enough material in the lights.

I know guys running 40' drapers with similar separation size (60-7088) so I know it can handle the flow of material. I figure rice guys put a lot of green crap through the machines.

What am I doing wrong? Could the rubber flap over the rear pan behind the cleaning system be piling up which backs up onto the sieves?

Like I said, I am far from disappointed in the cutting/feeding of the 3020 head and am amazed how smooth the AFX rotor feels beneath my feet (no toe rumbles) compared to the 2166 with specialty rotor I had before.

Ideas?

TIA
Tom
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)