AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 544B hydraulic help! Please! Anyone!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

masseyboy
Posted 9/16/2012 23:27 (#2595015)
Subject: JD 544B hydraulic help! Please! Anyone!

Bought a 544B payloader. Loader did not have the 3rd valve on it. Found a used valve and added it to the valve stack. Installed the grapple fork onto the loader that we had on a different payloader. Question is why can't I get any down pressure on the grapple fork function? I know the grapple fork cyliders are ok as they worked great on the old loader. I removed the relief valves from the third valve and inspected them. Found nothing obvious wrong with them. Installed new o-rings on them and reinstalled them into the valve. Removed the spool from the valve and it appears there is some wear on the grooves in the spool but I don't know if it is enough to cause the problem or not. Also replaced the seals inside the spool and at the endcaps. Weird thing is sometimes the grapple fork will bite into a bale very well if you feather the lever for the valve or sometimes work the lever a couple times in a row real quickly? I tried switching the hoses at the valve but it did not make a difference on performance. I did notice the relief valves had different ratings on each end of the valve. I swapped the higher psi rated valve to the side of down pressure but still made no difference. We never used the loader for anything else before I installed the third valve so I do not know how well the hydraulics worked before. Sometimes I think the lift and tilt could be a little stronger than they are too. There is a main relief at the inlet of the valve stack that I have not taken out. I do not have a gauge or flowmeter that I can install to do any testing. Any one have any ideas or had the same problem. Nice loader but not good for much if we can't move bales. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)