AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Husker Harvest Days Pics
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

trakman
Posted 9/13/2012 07:58 (#2588787 - in reply to #2588597)
Subject: RE: Husker Harvest Days Pics

Central Kansas
Thanks for the pics, we didn't get there till 1:00 as I was with a group of farmers that my Pioneer salesman invited and of course, had to do a little "PR" work and spent part of the morning at the York seed plant. I'll have to say it was very impressive, didn't realize that there was that much involved in producing a bag of seed Corn. After that, it was on to Grand Island where we got some lunch (and dirt) with our double cheeseburger at the show site. That had to be the most MISERABLE day I've ever spent there. I wondered when a tent or two would come down and though it would be harmful to anyone inside or walking by. Got to see a few things but when they shut the show down at 3pm, the site looked like a ghost town.

Did any one notice the last page of the directory that they hand out at the show? Caused quite a bit of stir at the JD tent. For you that weren't there or didn't notice, a ad about fire control was a full page article WITH a 9870 Deere (decals and name) pictured burning to the ground. I had stepped into there tent to get out of the wind to look for our next stop and showed it to some Deere people. As we were still standing there, 4 more Deere reps were called over to look at it as they had not ventured that far back in the booklet. One mentioned that the "show" would hear about this. He understood the idea of the ad but felt they should have blocked out the name and numbers.

We gathered at the van after they closed the show and started home, stopped in Concordia to eat BBQ at "Heaveys".............lots of good food!

Kstate90, we seen the combine with the side shields up that you mentioned. It was dark enough by then that they were using flashlights to see what they were doing. Did you see the MF machine father south running? He was just pulling into the field when we were on our way up, still running when we were heading home. I jokingly mentioned to the guys, "Look, even with the wing bin extension, he hadn't got a bin full yet"...LOL

Edited by trakman 9/13/2012 08:02
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)