AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

organics opposition
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

Dingeryote
Posted 9/13/2012 16:15 (#2589461 - in reply to #2588317)
Subject: Re: organics opposition

Michigan.
This is one of my favorite lines of Organic Bullcrap and fraud.

"2. No persistent pesticides or synthetic fertilizers.
Designed by intent to kill living organisms, persistent pesticides can be harmful to wildlife and human health, especially as they contaminate our food, air and water or accumulate in our cells. Synthetic fertilizers require large quantities of fossil fuels to produce, and contribute to soil degradation and ocean dead zones."

That right there is Verbage designed to specificly play on the irrational fears and total ignorance of Citiots and hippies, as well as the less than rational soccer Moms that simply allow fear to control thier judgement.

"Persistent Pesticides" I love that. Where can I get some? Everything available and labeled these days takes 2-3 days to 50% Hydrolosis, and most is even less.
The most persistent insecticides have been removed from the market or restricted to a PHI that is well within the margin of KNOWN AND VERIFIED level of human safety.

But then the Organic LIARS never back up thier fear mongering with REAL and FACTUAL data, and only have fear and ignorance to support thier fraudulent claims, and never bother to mention the constant issues of Biological Pathogens that have caused the Organic crowd so many more REAL and documented Human health and safety problems in the last several years.

The Ocean dead zones? Really?
Has anyone EVER seen the data concerning the amount of N that leeches into the waterways from Urban and suburban runoff?
Between the Scotts lawn fertilizer, and Golf course fertilizers and Metric tons of Dog crap, the contribution of Ag to the problem should be logicly viewed as secondary, and dangit, N from Organic horse Poop is no different than from Petro bases. Cry me a bloody river.

Ya just gotta love the mention of consuming massive amounts of petrolium. The reason conventional Ag uses less can be found in the use of Modern herbicides. Dragging the cultivator burns diesel, and unless the Organic Hippies all went Amish overnight, they might wish to look up the word "Liar" in Websters dictionary.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)