AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

organics opposition
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

big12cc
Posted 9/13/2012 02:56 (#2588649 - in reply to #2588317)
Subject: Re: organics opposition

nw iowa
i have an organic neighbor who raises "natural" hogs.he admits to using diesel fuel in the bedding to control lice and other pests and feeds gmo corn and beans to them.to me there's nothing "organic" in it when you operate like that.when pollen travels across the world in the upper air how can any plants that utilize pollen in their breeding be "pure".if i can step out of my home in northwest iowa and there is fine grains of sand from the sahara desert in the air how can anyone claim their crop is organic ?when most livestock is raised without antibiotics being used and without proper health care, the death loss, weight loss,and general inefficiency in production makes the resulting fewer animals cost so high that only rich people can afford it.,that is why i dislike organics.i have trouble seeing how any livestock is healthier when they are standing up to their bellies in manure or mud ala Nimon pork or Nimon beef for example.we have had a couple neighbors who were stiffed out of their payments by "organic" outfits after feeding out a turn of hogs.until organic producers can show me definite lab findings that clearly show an increase in vitamins,nutrient,and or a definite health improvement then i remain unconvinced that organics are better.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)