AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

organics opposition
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> AgTalk CafeMessage format

paul the original
Posted 9/12/2012 15:49 (#2587673 - in reply to #2587461)
Subject: Re: organics opposition

southern MN
As the others say, I've nothing against a good honest organic operation. More power to them.

A few are not well run, but that is true of any walk of life, conventional farming as well.

The problem is in the sales pitch, the fear mongering, some of them use.

There is no value or honesty in running someone else down, to build up your business and to create a false hysteria. (Hormone-free beef or milk, when all animal products have hormones, and so forth....)

But as far as doing the work and marketing of organics, more power to those that do. At times Iconsider dabbling with it myself - but then the whole hippy-green marketing stuff hits me, and kinda turns my stomach to the idea.

Om another forum, I'm just working through a thread where a 5-acre framette is 'horrified' that her world is ending, the neighboring patch of ground has been sprayed and will be tiled and become a corn field. She's horrified at how this will pollute her land and well...... All from the hippy-green fear mongering culture that is out there.

_That_ is the problem of the organic culture.

Many good honest folk growing organic, and wonderful to give comsumers choices they are willing to pay for.

--->Paul
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)