AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

discharge from calves eye
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

Farmer Cody
Posted 8/31/2012 20:29 (#2568578)
Subject: discharge from calves eye

I have a bull calf that has real watery eyes. Tonight he looked up and all of the sudden this white discharge came out of his eye. Its always comes out at the very corner of his eye. I took a picture to see if anybody knows what it is and what I should do about it. I appreciate all the help! Hope I can get the picture to work now.

(pics from my phone 663.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments pics from my phone 663.jpg (24KB - 103 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Markwright
Posted 8/31/2012 20:48 (#2568609 - in reply to #2568578)
Subject: LA 200, looks like an eye

New Mexico
Injury, your vet might want 2 take a look, maybe can help it maybe not. rinse it w willard water if you have some ( out of rapid city so dak ), and your vet could have some Gentak or gentamicin sulfate ointment which does wonders fixing eyes.
ccjersey
Posted 8/31/2012 21:02 (#2568632 - in reply to #2568578)
Subject: Re: discharge from calves eye

Faunsdale, AL
You don't mention how long he's had this watery eye. Is the surface of the eye clear, cloudy or what. Blind or not?

Both eyes the same?
Farmer Cody
Posted 8/31/2012 22:36 (#2568822 - in reply to #2568632)
Subject: Re: discharge from calves eye

Its just his one eye. He has had it for probably two or three days now. The eye looks clear to me. My wife thought maybe pink eye but doesn't the eye get cloudy or white looking? He can still see out of it. I did notice tonight though that it acts like it itches or is bothering him because he tried rubbing it on the cattle pannel a few times. I had another picture but it is to big and I can't figure out how to get it smaller. Thanks alot guys. I may just call the vet tomorrow to be on the safe side.
Russ In Idaho
Posted 8/31/2012 23:45 (#2568948 - in reply to #2568578)
Subject: RE: discharge from calves eye

S.E. Idaho on the edge of the Great Basin
We had a fair steer about 4 weeks ago start to come down with pinkeye or some other irritation in the eye. It went cloudy, white spot about the size of a quarter. My vet told me to try http://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail.html?pgguid=02346420-bb5a-4e59-a... Vetericyn spray. It really worked, my boy sprayed it about three times a day. It cleared the eye up in 2 to 3 days. I've allways used LA-200 to treat, but this made a believer out of me. It seems pinkeye only hits me about one to two weeks before calves ship in fall.
Markwright
Posted 9/1/2012 14:13 (#2569659 - in reply to #2568822)
Subject: Bet there's a sticker just below and towards

New Mexico
The rear of the eye in the soft tissue there. probably rough housing and ran thru some brush. have the vet look at it.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete all cookies set by this site)