AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Powershift tips
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Sodbustr
Posted 8/23/2012 23:22 (#2555604 - in reply to #2555027)
Subject: RE: Powershift tips

Western Iowa
Clutching is a waste of time, just don't run up to 8th at full throttle, everything shifts better on the road at lower rpm (15-1600)

Best thing to make a powershift live on is to keep good oil and filters in it. Change tranny filters every 300 hours or so and keep JD oil in it. If you just got the tractor and don't know, change out the oil.

Another thing is to make sure the shift cables are nice and free. If they are lubed up well it allows the detent balls in the shift valve to do what they are supposed to. If they get stiff they keep the valve from falling completely in the right gear at times, not allowing full tranny pressure on the clutch packs, then smoking them. It takes some time to do this, but new cables or at least lubing the cables are worth the effort.

Last thing to do would be to check tranny pressure. It should be something like 180-190. I set mine at 220, but I pull the old girl on the track at times. If that pressure drops, the clutch packs don't hold as well and then eventually smoke them.

Basically if the tranny has good oil, filters and good pressure, it will last a long long time
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)