AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere SwathControl
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

sdPete
Posted 8/16/2012 11:33 (#2542409 - in reply to #2542072)
Subject: Re: John Deere SwathControl

Beresford SD
Your reply tells me no seed or population monitoring on the 1800. If this is incorrect the rest of this post may be useless.

Your 1800 does steering, with what sort of unit? That question needs to be answered as ATU's often draw their power from the same circuit which feeds the 1800, and there are known issues there, some of which depends on the tractor model and condition of the steering system, which is unstated at this point. You are only telling bits and pieces of the situation unless asked, might as well give us all the details.

The rate controller handles the electric signal switching to control the planter clutches. This is done through software in the rate controller which is loaded into your 1800 at system start and the functions are carried out on the screen of the 1800. The 1800 display has the responsibility to use the GPS signal to map field position and ground speed and manage the timing of clutch actuation in the rate controller software.

The rate controller has its own height switch circuit which must be properly utilized for correct operation in planter applications.

Quoting from an earlier post...."Varies in length but one end row planted, skips two and plants the rest to the unplanted area".... had me thinking individual row clutches , the row on the end of the planter worked, the next two rows did not receive the signal to plant and were thus skipped, then the rest of the rows on the planter worked. Your most recent post said "I have two clutches. Half-width disconnect".

Still no information on receiver or GPS signal. Have YOU personally verified all components have current software updates installed? Saying the dealer was supposed to do that leaves a degree of uncertainty, I have no intention of distrusting the dealer, but if you are asking questions here details do need to be verified. A lot of tinkering around is useless if the software updates are not in place... get on the JD AMS website, find the current software issue releases for your hardware, turn on your system, make sure those release numbers match.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)