AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Ford Ford 3000 12v generator to alternator conversion kit sources?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

RodInNS
Posted 8/7/2012 09:22 (#2526264 - in reply to #2526111)
Subject: RE: Ford Ford 3000 12v generator to alternator conversion kit sources?

It's cheaper because there's no tach drive... The only kit I've seen that uses a Delco 10si alternator with a tach drive is a Tisco kit. It's available through Woods/Tisco dealers and is about 350 bucks. This is a one off kit as they make a special rotor for this 10si application.

What you could do is look for a Delco 10DN which is the older variant with external regulator. These alts were used in various applications with a tach drive. IIRC, things like the Allis 190 and others used this setup. Somebody had posted the Wilson part number on YT a year or two ago.... but I'm after forgetting what I did with it.

The other option on those tractors IF it's newer than '72 and has the 'new' block... you can convert the tach to an angle drive off the engine. This requires a new oil pump drive shaft, the angle drive, a new tach cable and a heavy cluster for an early 3600.... not the later plastic ones for the late 10 series. Using that particular cluster will allow you to reuse the senders. If you go to the late cluster then you need to change the temp and fuel senders.
I've done them using both clusters. I prefer this method when the clusters are bad anyway. If you have a good cluster then you're probably further ahead to get the fancy alt with the tach drive. If you have an engine with the threaded plug below the oil filter.... you have no other option.

Rod
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)