AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

6 year old with listening/paying attention issues...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

Pfarms
Posted 7/22/2012 15:27 (#2500006 - in reply to #2498495)
Subject: Can hold her hand fine...

EC MN - Hour North of 'The Cities'
...then she gets to stomp alongside me to wherever we are going. Sometimes I get to drag her along if she isn't stomping...

So I tell her to stop it or we will (fill in the blank)...so she stops for awhile then back to the same running off.

Then we go sit off to the side and have a chat while mom and sis go do something and now she's mad. Sometimes no chat is involved, just off to punishment-ville if she has already been told what not to do.

I tell her why she can't go with them and the tears flow and the whining starts and we sit there til she's done allthe while twlling her the longer she cries the longer we sit. I ask her if she is ready to listen and behave and it's ok for about 2 mins, then back to square one of running off. It's like her memory is erased and doesn't remember the past fifteen minutes of her day.

So now I am ready to blow my top, ask her if she remembered what we were just talking about and she looks at my clueless or tells me something about a flower, or butterfly, or something else nearby (not paying attention to me).

I don't think stepping up the punishment is going to do the trick...have been doing that for too long already (toys thrown, not getting to go somewhere, longer timeouts, etc.). I think a medical opinion is in order...medication being the last resort.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)