AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

6 year old with listening/paying attention issues...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

milofarmer1
Posted 7/21/2012 16:51 (#2498495 - in reply to #2497030)
Subject: Re: 6 year old with listening/paying attention issues...

Texas/New Mexico Stateline
Consequences + consistency

Either your consequences are not serious enough, or you are not consistent enough, or both. It doesn't matter what her mother does because a 6 year old is fully capable of learning how to behave around different people. Our 4 and 6 year olds behave completely different around different caretakers in our family. Our grandparents let them run loose and basically misbehave (which is fine by me) but the kids know when they come home they WILL BEHAVE properly. So that is not an issue. Your daughter will learn if you are serious how you want her to behave. She will find the boundaries and stay within.

She runs around loose in public, and you don't want her to? You mean you are not strong enough to hold her hand? When our kids start running around and touching things in stores they get to hold my hand and I do not let go until they are sitting in the car. They like having independence, so they learn they don't want me holding their hands firmly all the way through the store. Consequently they don't do that hardly ever. "if you touch anything else in this store I will have to hold your hand/hands" will usually straighten them right out. I have had them put both hands on the shopping cart handle and lay mine on top until we get out of the store. And they are both old enough to know any fits or causing a scene will result in spankings at home, and possibly straight to bed if it is serious enough. (Doesn't matter if it is 3 pm. serious misbehavior results in bedtime the middle of the day if necessary)

Edited by milofarmer1 7/21/2012 16:53
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)