AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

6 year old with listening/paying attention issues...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Kitchen TableMessage format

iluvafarmer
Posted 7/20/2012 20:11 (#2497149 - in reply to #2497088)
Subject: Re: 6 year old with listening/paying attention issues...

Eastern Nebraska
While you are waiting to have her checked for attention issues here are a few things to try.... Often these children are very bright and very curious... There minds run faster than ours and they do not understand abstract things.... Such as If you tell her do not go out to far in the water... She truly may not understand what to far is to you... It could be different to her.... Instead be very specific and tell her what her landmark is ... He consequence has to be immediate and she has to be redirected to do it again the right way.... Telling her she cannot go swimming the next time because.... Honestly she may not at this point remember what she did wrong last time..... When you want her to do something such as clean her room... Don't say to her go clean up your room... First of all she may not know where to start and so she just won't... Tell her one thing at a time for her to do.... It all takes time and just because you told her this morning does not mean that she will remember it this afternoon and for sure not tomorrow... I could talk forever and I am sure that some will disagree and say that all she needs is discipline.... I have a sun with ADHD and his IQ is 136... These are bright children... they learn different and they have attention issues... It takes patience and consistency on your part but they can grow up to be very productive members of society... Look on Google for famous people with ADHD... Email works if you have any questions...
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)