AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

oh boy... if you sold some corn right now...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 7/20/2012 09:52 (#2496255 - in reply to #2496177)
Subject: Re: oh boy... if you sold some corn right now...

NCND
Ehoff I do understand that the temps are much worse there. Ive always wondered if say 35" of precip in middle of cornbelt is equivalent to say 15" here in ND or something. I look what we can produce with the rain we get and always am amazed what is produced with almost double the rain SE of us in the main cornbelt. There is a difference in precip but the bushels produced per inch of rain seems to be greater in this neck of the woods. That is a very generalized statement on my part with no facts just general observation. The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence but the more I read and travel and learn even at my relatively young age I do see a lot of the great things we have up here for growing crops. IT is far from ideal but year in year out things could be much much worse.
Doesnt the clay subsoil store water or is that moisture all unusable do to soil structure? We have very heavy yellow clay under our topsoil which is probably only 8-18" deep depending on location but it does wick up nice for most part as long as we don't have the day and night super winds and 95 degree plus heat
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)