AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

oh boy... if you sold some corn right now...
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

vailcat
Posted 7/20/2012 09:27 (#2496226 - in reply to #2496177)
Subject: Re: oh boy... if you sold some corn right now...

NCND
It seems up here in NCND we hardly ever get our late July early august rains yet we come out at 30-35 bushels. Just curious if because you guys typically don't go thru these dry spells you can be more afraid than us here who are more prone to them? Not knocking anyone just wondering. I do understand it has been very hot so that is an added variable.
We have had 1.0 of rain since June 9th now and the beans are not wilting and corn is not rolling. That being said if we were to score an inch or something in one of these popup storms I think without excessive heat we could pencil in 32-36 bushels on beans and 100-110 on our corn. I would be doing backflips at that rate given everyone is in a drought and we could pull off normal yields.
What do your beans look like? They over a foot tall or are they wilting bad? Dying or looking green still? We are still green, upright and around mid thigh high setting pods and flowering hard even though we have been in 90s all week with .3 for rain in the last 10 days and as I said 1.0 since June 9th. '
Good luck!
PS I have 13bpa sold and stopped selling until it rains SOMEWHERE!
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)