AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Why my M11 in the Kenworth D-rates the engine
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

dointhedrt
Posted 7/10/2012 18:43 (#2477950)
Subject: Why my M11 in the Kenworth D-rates the engine

Edgeley, ND
Hope there are some suggestions as to why the M11 Cummins in my '96' Kenworth T800 will D-rate the engine. When the truck engine is cool or the day is cool there seems to be no problem but if it is a hot day or a trip over 30 miles I will start losing RPM's all the way down to 800. Had it to 3 different repair shops to no avail. I own stock in the fuel filter supplier now. That doesnt help the problem. I have taken a pump and sucked the fuel tank dry looking for an obstruction. Checked the suction tube in the tank as well as replacing the line from the tank to the injection pump. Two of the repair shops had found a code that showed the cam position sensor was bad even though the check engine light never would come on so I have had that replaced both times. Drove it home today but 8 miles from the repair shop I started losing speed from 65 MPH and by the time the 40 mile trip was over I could barely get 30 mph. I neglected to mention that I don't have a lack of power just the speed. If I shut the engine off for a couple minutes, I can start it up and go like normal for a few miles. Getting past frustration. Has ANYBODY had something similar? I will name my next child after you if you have any answers.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)