AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Will this Big Gun water a 180 degree area or is it missing parts?
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ccjersey
Posted 7/10/2012 23:57 (#2478709 - in reply to #2478069)
Subject: Re: Will this Big Gun water a 180 degree area or is it missing parts?

Faunsdale, AL
On our Nelson 200, 50 psi is marginally low, usually works until you go off and leave it and then hangs up. Can adjust the brake looser and make it work at 50 though. Works great at 60 on up.

I expect the Rainbow can be put on your Perkins, probably should compare hp and rpm etc. Might call Rainbow and get the lowdown on the pump, but seems a lot closer to what you need than the other one. I especially like the 6 inch suction on the rainbow. That coupled with the larger impeller will probably allow you to lift water higher if you must. You can make it work, but check the bell housing size of both pump and engine. Then at least you'll have the first part right. Then when you uncouple everything, you may find you need a different flywheel or attachment to the flywheel to couple the pump to it, but that should be available pretty easily.

When I shut down my low pressure pump the other day, it was knocking. The rubber bushings in the drive coupling are gone. Have to be 40 or maybe even 50 years old! Found out the coupling part I need is obsolete. Replacement new style parts are 700 plus shipping and 2 weeks lead time to get it with no guarantee it will fit my old pump. So I'm waiting on a couple of rubber suspension bushings to try to fix what I have. Rained again today, finally getting enough to really make a difference.

If you look at the sprinkler from above, it will move slowly clockwise until the roller gets trapped under the stop ramp and pulls the deflecter into the water stream. Then the gun will rapidly reverse (counter clockwise looking from above) until the roller hits the ramp and is forced outward, bringing the deflector out of the stream and allowing the normal hammer mechanism to operate. Looks like everything's there to me.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)