AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Resurrection and marketing - [thanks Mizzou Tiger]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Market TalkMessage format

Illinois Steve
Posted 7/5/2012 06:25 (#2467440 - in reply to #2467326)
Subject: RE: Steve...

North Central Illinois
Well, his comments in that last post to me were a little off kilter perhaps but I'm not reading too much into it. I'm guilty of saying things on here from time to time that haven't been very nice either. I always regretted it after the fact too. Anyway I'm not reading too much into it. Stress can make any of us say things we shouldn't.

I normally don't like to mention the ground we farm, but after a while you get tired of people poking you with the stick and berating you because you live in Iowa or Illinois and are spoiled, don't know what a crop failure is, deserve to lose a crop, etc., etc.. People that live in other parts of the country face adversity that we don't. No question about it. Is it my fault though? We have had our drought years with 50 bushel corn in 83 and 88. Unfortunately some folks have to deal with that on a regular basis. I guess it is just the luck of where our ancestors landed. There is a safety net offered by crop insurance. It protects what would be normal income and production for your specific operation. Whether your average is 100 or 200 that is what you are protecting. I didn't write the program or make the rules. It is a program that was available to me and I chose to use it. I won't apologize for that. So, I've tried to keep my flap shut about ground, yields, insurance, and my marketing. The past few weeks I have been accused of being jealous. I have offered up these details to show that I have no reason to be jealous of that man.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)