AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

On-the-go ground hardness sensing and planter control (video)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

Jim
Posted 7/4/2012 18:33 (#2466697 - in reply to #2466650)
Subject: Re: On-the-go ground hardness sensing and planter control (video)

Driftless SW Wisconsin

Hi Dan. Sure I remember you - hard to forget that nice track  planter setup you have. Yes the Foresight gives a ground hardness signal which can control both the Gfx and Rfx. There is a knob for each that you can use to control the scaling/response/sensitivity of the Gfx and Rfx separately. 

Your field that I recall had worked gumbo on one end and sand on the other of many planter passes is typical of where we see the Foresight being very useful.  We will have units scattered around in different areas for spring of 2013 and widespread distribution for spring of 2014. 

As shown in the video, the Foresight can be used to control the same hydraulic pressure control valve you have now with your Gfx.  We try to make things retrofittable where ever possible. 

As I recall you have the new Deere planter monitor and that would serve as a good check on the Foresight so nothing you have now is obsoleted. Even where we change from the older, original Gfx single valve block to the newer stacked setup we have an exchange program. Cartridges are the same and this way we don't need another SCV valve - one controls all of our systems and at very low flow.

Hope your corn is hanging in there, at least in the gumbo.

Jim at Dawn

Edited by Jim 7/4/2012 18:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)