AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

On-the-go ground hardness sensing and planter control (video)
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Precision TalkMessage format

NEILFarmer
Posted 7/2/2012 01:02 (#2461739 - in reply to #2461736)
Subject: Re: On-the-go ground hardness sensing and planter control (video)

Morris, IL
Jim - 7/1/2012 23:56

Yes, the Ag Leader or JD's new monitor systems could be used in conjunction with the Foresight. And you are right, your soils may not be that variable - but many are, especially in reduced tillage systems with no tile, etc.

I always kid a good friend of mine who's family farms a lot of ground in DeKalb County ( N IL). I get a rise out of him whenever I tell him "you could throw corn out the window of a pickup truck and get 200 bu in your N IL Drummer soils"

So not everyone needs this system - but we said that about cabs on tractors years ago too.

Jim at Dawn

I wasn't aware of JD working with your hydraulic system. I though they went with there own air system?

I get a kick out of your drummer soils statement. We have some Drummer soils. If you said that face to face i'd get a rise out it as well. Heck I get a rise out of it from computer.

I know all about guys thinking they didn't need cabs. Back about 50 years that was my great uncle. Had no use for cabs and cab tractors. Also was firm believer in spring plowing, hit it with harrowgator and plant soybeans and it work great for him. Can't remember how he planted corn but i'm pretty sure he would be classified as an early adopter. And if you ask me i am, so somewhere along the lines i've gotten a little early adopter in my blood. How this pertains to your post i have no idea, just got off topic.

I will also say i don't see need for a system that changes once per foot when our soils change once per 100 feet if at all. I'm fight seed hopper run down most of all.

Edited by NEILFarmer 7/2/2012 01:05
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)