AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

98' R52 feeder house issues in wheat again!!!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GreenhouseGuy
Posted 6/15/2012 22:32 (#2432275)
Subject: 98' R52 feeder house issues in wheat again!!!

Piedmont, NC
100+ bushel wheat Almost waist high
98 R52. 100 hrs on new front feeder house slip clutch(Torque Limiter). Checked all belts, springs, anything you can imagine. got her at 1.75 on concave. Thought about going closer. Running about 900 to 1000 rpm's rotor. Air wide open .
Set just below mid. Almost touching Mid.
Both chains on Feeder house look almost new and are tightened to 5.2" on all four springs.
Blocks are set to grain. I personally think the blocks are moving too much. I may try them on front with the corn settings.
Only got a 815 head and am going only 1.2 to 1.9 mph, and that darned front torque limiter keeps slipping.
Now I am cutting it kind of low for straw, but My F2 would cut faster than this. Something is wrong. What do I check for first? Did this same thing last year, but found the torque limiter was worn so we replaced and expected more from this machine.

Checked torque limiter inside and it looks good and already came with small springs added.
And Yes the Feeder house belt is on the fast speed. Big pulley up front and smaller pulley in rear.
All belts are new and rechecked them all just before i quit.
1200 separator hrs and was gone thru at 900 hrs.
Also just replaced all four shock absorbers on the blocks Just in case. Make take head off and look for bearing issues.

Edited by GreenhouseGuy 6/15/2012 22:35
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)