AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

JD 3020 3-point failure
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Double Time
Posted 6/10/2012 16:39 (#2423295)
Subject: JD 3020 3-point failure

NW IA
We have a JD 3020 that previously had strange 3-point operation, and now has almost none.
Using this tractor on a finish mower last year, the 3-point response depended on the day and load control lever position. Doing some loader work to fix a tile washout this year, both 3-point arms dug into the dirt while backing up an embankment. After that, the 3-point wouldn't work at all. I noticed the load control lever was jammed in the lower "D" position, until I physically lifted one of the 3-point arms, and that freed it. . Now the load control lever moves freely, but has to be in the upper "LD" position for the 3-point to work at all, and it only raises about 1/4 of the way, and very slowly at that.

The power steering and the loader with the hoses plugged into the factory scv's still works good, so I think the problem has something to do with the control valve gears and pinion in the control valve housing.

Any ideas if I'm on the right track, and what I'm looking at for level of difficulty and expense would be most appreciated. I have the manual on cd, and it shows several special tools that are necessary to adjust and time those gears, so I'm leaning toward a driving it in to the shop. Maybe I can just pull the housing off and bring it in.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)