AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

hydraulic solonoid coils
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

gettin by
Posted 5/31/2012 23:15 (#2408409)
Subject: hydraulic solonoid coils

Hello I have A Moore Built bar that uses a 8 solonoid valve block for the markers. So far this season i have had seven coils quit working. Replace and go.
I 've cleans , sanded , refasten the wire ends and finally replace the short wire harness that leads to the marker valve stems. The seventh one fail tonight
withless than 30 acres of beans left. ( summer worth of rain in May ) Around the forth one that failed i went to the neighbor and borrowed a coil of of his 7000 jd folding valve block. Fitth one i went to a John Deere dealer and bought the last coil left in my area ( four stores vicinity ) That one is still
working. Also the coil from Deere seems slightly larger and has a steel body around it??
I trying to see if a pattern is happening but i know i have moved coil around to keep the marker foiled when i have to move and have a failed one.
This one has the dealers mechanic, salesman and me stumped. What would take the coil out. Using the volt meter i never seen more than 12 volt at it.
I'M not set up to moniter it while using it in the feild only checking when failed. I really though the harness was the problem ? but tonight that theory was proven wrong. Salesman said he was unaware of any problems from the previous owner had with coils but it did set out for two seasons before i brought it home. Of all the things going on with a planter a small coil is 99% of my problems this year. It always the marker coils that fail not the wing lift coils that are hook in parrel with the markers.
An yone have any experince in this situation i'm all ears.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR RESPONCE
gettin By
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)