AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

old man's parts person rant..................
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

johnny skeptical
Posted 4/29/2012 17:56 (#2360198 - in reply to #2359855)
Subject: RE: Yep.........................

n.c.iowa

Newguy - 4/30/2012 01:24

The days of describing a part are almost over....   Have a part number ready and efficiency plus accuracy is increased ten fold.

Every implement should come with a CD to put on your computer in place of a parts book.    IMO.  

Taking a look at planters lately can be somewhat mind boggling considering all the electronics and hydraulics that have been added in the last 10 years.   (for example

here is my parts man story;so i go down to the local parts store to get some parts for my nearly new 1250 planter,got the old parts guy,so i tell him what i need and gave him a pretty accurate description of what i needed,so he fumbles around on the computer awhile,and then declares that we don't have those parts,so then i produce a slip with the part numbers,what they have in stock and price,just don't have the bin locations.talk about p.o.ed parts guy.most every product will have a online parts book.if i have the time i will look the numbers and any other pertinant info.myself.in the end it saves alot of time and hassle,even have had parts shipped direct to myself.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)