AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Oil leak on ISX
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

8320farmer
Posted 3/9/2012 22:12 (#2278426)
Subject: Oil leak on ISX

East central Indiana
Has anyone ever had a newer ISX Cummins motor that was pumping oil out through the timing cover seal. Mechanic says it needs Camshaft seals. Also shakes real bad when you revv it up. He also says it needs injectors. He wont do it because it takes some special tool set. Any info is appreciated.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
gavogel
Posted 3/9/2012 23:27 (#2278606 - in reply to #2278426)
Subject: Re: Oil leak on ISX

Marion,ks
I have a 01 ISX it leaked oil there and their was a update kit on the cover that helped but did not completly cure the problem, We also have a 04 motor and it does not leak there,but it leaks on the back end of the head, has he checked it for codes relating to fuel pressure,it almost sounds like you could be sucking some air into the fuel system. We have 780,000 miles on the 04 with no injector issues
farmall1206
Posted 3/10/2012 08:34 (#2278891 - in reply to #2278606)

Western IL
I work on ISX's daily and have only installed 3 bad injectors in my ISX career! Its probably sucking air,install a psi gauge on the compucheck fitting behind secondary fuel filter on IFSM,need min of 90 PSI at cranking to start,should be in the 235 to 260psi range running. The oil leak is at cam plates,common issue,need to wedge the cams and pull front cover and both cam gears to fix,not sure of HP of this,lower HP use non scissor gear,hiher HP use scissor gears time on injector cam side,need to set backelash to .010
8320farmer
Posted 3/10/2012 08:43 (#2278919 - in reply to #2278891)

East central Indiana
with 985745 miles on the truck while they have it apart is there anything else we should do to it. Thanks youve been a huge help.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)