AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

John Deere 3020 Hydraulic Remote Repair
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

Warwick
Posted 3/9/2012 12:26 (#2277548)
Subject: John Deere 3020 Hydraulic Remote Repair

Wisconsin

I'm in the lengthy, money pit of a process, of restoring a 1967 John Deere 3020 tractor.  The current focus is to repair the two hydraulic remotes on the back.  One won't allow the hoses to connect, while the other leaks.  The tractor had sat outside many years, so like most things on it, I imagine both remotes should be tore down and rebuilt. 

Anyways, my questions are, is there anything special about taking these off, and putting back on?  Just the two top line connects, and the two mounting bolts?  Does JD have a rebuild kit for them?  I think I have a guy that will rebuild them for me, as he knows well how to do it, as long as I can get them off, and over to him.

Picture attached of the rear of the tractor.

3020 Rear

Top of the page Bottom of the page
JDTECH
Posted 3/9/2012 12:39 (#2277569 - in reply to #2277548)
Subject: RE: John Deere 3020 Hydraulic Remote Repair

NEMO

Remove 2 lines and 2 bolts and the remotes come off. Rebuild kits are AR82570. You will most likely need the R34397 barrels along with the D2361R and the 400R balls. Relatively simple to do. Good luck.

J.L.
Posted 3/9/2012 12:55 (#2277590 - in reply to #2277548)

Iowa
Depending on that tractors use (and how much money you want to spend), now may be a good time to buy the pioneer conversion kits. I bought mine from sloan express but I'm sure there are other sources. Good luck
Luke Skywalker
Posted 3/9/2012 13:04 (#2277604 - in reply to #2277590)
Subject: RE: ISO Conversions..

Arva, Ontario

Not to completely hijack the thread, but there are mixed reviews on the ISO conversion kits - really the O or square rings that seal the barrels. You may wish to do a search here in the AgTalk encyclopedia. There may even be something in AgTalk+ 'Wiki'.

I'm with JDTech, I'd do barrels for the incremental expense while it was apart. Your call on stock or conversion.

In our case, our Waterloos have the stock barrels and sets of "cheaters" in the toolbox. Good Lord, our '63 model 3010 turns 50 next year...

Luke

baler brian
Posted 3/9/2012 14:00 (#2277691 - in reply to #2277548)

Looks like the left one was either added later or was worked on already judging by the lack of paint. You may be able to soak it with penetrating oil for a while and get it freed up.

I have a rockshaft cover/ tool box for the left side if you need one. My E-mail is good.
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)