AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Wheel weights
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

firefighter9208
Posted 3/9/2012 13:26 (#2277634 - in reply to #2277615)
Subject: RE: Wheel weights

Springville Alabama
JohnW - 3/9/2012 12:14

The front loader is going to take weight off of the rear wheels, and taking off the bucket would help. Second, is your 3 point hitch set correctly for using a 3 point plow? It should be in draft control, so check your book. This thing should run with two 16" plows unless you are plowing a foot and a half deep. New shares and shins will pull hard until they have scoured to a nice shiny finish.

I think your tires are too full of fluid to flex very well. About 1/2 full would be better.

The bucket is off. I do have the tractor in draft control and the tractor/plow is set up properly (level side to side and front to back). Only going 8" deep. In lighter ground it's doing great, but in harder ground I'm having problems with slippage. This ground hasn't been turned in several years. It's my buddies in-laws place and he wanted me to plant it instead of just bushhogging it 2x a year. Good well drained ground that used to be farmed yearly.

I'll remove the loader tomorrow. It's been raining here the past 24 hours and it will probably be Monday before I can get back in the field.

My grandad has a Ford 3610 and exacly the same plow, but he was 16.9 28 tires on the Ford. Basically the same size and weight tractor and horsepower. Of course he doesn't have the loader and his tires hold a little more water, but his will pull the plow all day long in the same ground.

I want a new set of 16.9's, but can't justify that $1000-$1200 until these 14.9's are worn out.

Thanks!

Chris
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)