AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Lease versus buy
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

ahay68979
Posted 3/9/2012 07:54 (#2277049 - in reply to #2277010)
Subject: RE: Lease versus buy

Saronville NE
Really depends on your situation, lots of guys on here, hate leases, I like em, but if I can own it for same price or cheaper, Id rather own it. All depends what your goals are and your financial postion. They have pluses, with taxs and in financial situations, but negatives are you dont build much equity, but depends on the lease on certain things, you still will build equity, guys dont beleve that but its true, I know of a certain situation on a lease tractor right now, that in the end, there buyout on that tractor will be way less then what it is worth, so they can buy it cheaper then going to town and buying another one off the lot or can roll it and make the payments cheaper on the next cause, it would be like putting more money down. This same thing has happened to me on every lease pickup I have ever had, my payments havent gone up much cause I always had a little equity in the picup at lease end, cause tradein value was worth more then residual value. Its a numbers game that you have to watch nad play carefully.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)