AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tires...my rant for the day
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

GinNB
Posted 3/5/2012 12:06 (#2269059 - in reply to #2269028)
Subject: RE: Tires...my rant for the day

No failures or major problems except they weren't radials and I wasn't comfortable throwing on Russian tires again. My last experience (Danubiana I think they were) was terrible.  Cracked out in no time with 90% tread left.  The Mitas went on about a year and a half ago.  Harvest was almost over and we were scrabbling to get everything in and we needed that tractor running. Big gash in a loaded rear while roading it on a very unsecure road in the middle of nowhere on a Friday afternoon meant whatever I could get my hands on fast went on it. That tractor sees a lot of road miles and the Mitas aren't holding up like Michelins, but then weren't priced like Michelin radials either.  Probably about on par with the Goodyears that were on it before but I haven't done a wear-by-hour comparison between them.  The biggest problem was the unknown at the time and the fact that I'd wanted radials on it for road wear.  All in all though they're a pretty good bias ply for the price so far.  The guy that runs it still wants radials though.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)