AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

How to repair Brillion M148 cultimulcher
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

69zfarmer
Posted 3/4/2012 08:57 (#2266458)
Subject: How to repair Brillion M148 cultimulcher

North Central Alabama
I tore into the cultimulcher yesterday and i am worried about what i found.3 out of the four inner bearing housings were loose in the pipe axle assembly's.The housings are not worn the wear is in the pipe axles.As you can see in pictures.They were loose enough that i removed them by hand and of course they were even looser when i cleaned the dirt and rust out of the pipe assembly's.The bearings were not locked up so i do not understand how housings got loose in axles.One of the ends of the axles is actually belled out as you can see in pictures.Also the inside back 2 hex stub axle mounts are loose in the plate that holds them.I am not to worried about this loose problem since i can weld them pretty easy.
Are the inside bearing housings cast or metal?Can i bevel the housings and the pipe axles and weld them to keep them from turning?I guess i could cut pipe axles off a inch or so and remove one packer wheel on each of the 4 axles and shorten frame but this would be a pretty big project that i really do not want to tackle. I do not want to buy a bunch of parts for this thing since i will only use it for maybe 16 acres per year.

(cultimulcher 001.jpg)

(cultimulcher 005.jpg)

(cultimulcher 006.jpg)

(cultimulcher 003.jpg)

(cultimulcher 010.jpg)

(cultimulcher 020.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments cultimulcher 001.jpg (53KB - 1768 downloads)
Attachments cultimulcher 005.jpg (61KB - 1601 downloads)
Attachments cultimulcher 006.jpg (42KB - 1601 downloads)
Attachments cultimulcher 003.jpg (65KB - 1821 downloads)
Attachments cultimulcher 010.jpg (73KB - 1642 downloads)
Attachments cultimulcher 020.jpg (75KB - 1613 downloads)
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)