AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

fertilizing soybeans
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

soil-life
Posted 3/4/2012 17:13 (#2267443 - in reply to #2267390)
Subject: Re: fertilizing soybeans

North Central Ohio, across the Corn belt !

Foliardud - 3/4/2012 16:46 If your ( shouting )  ???   for 50 bpa acre then your right but where working to 100 bpa, look at Kipps program on his production field and this cheap its all about prospective

Not always Jeff.

JD. has a good point

and I like the below RIO just fine.    There is NO magic Bullit for soybeans other than good soil drainage. the correct amount of water at the correct time.  and good soluble soil Nutrition.   

quote, from a previus post.

Last summer a group of forum readers and I had lunch with a grower in North central Ohio that had measured, weighed ( S.B. yields in 2009 at 98 Bu. acre. )

In 2010 he had approx. 100 acres measured , weighed at app. 105 bu. acre rate.

what he told us he did.
1. they planted, drilled an early Maturity N.K. seed 2.6-7 maturity , I do not have the paper here with the number.
I think after the 2011 season, as I recall. it was dropped from the NK. line.
2. there was good weed control.
3. this was part of a Block of 800 acres of S.B. s that had been corn the year before.
4. this was the only area that called for and received 2 ton of Calcium Lime. IF it was applied to the Line ??? I do not know.
5. there were other areas, fields that received Lime that fall and did not produce 80 plus bu. S.B. s that next season. 2010 ( so NO Magic there. to document. )

this is what he did NOT do he told us.

1. there was NO in season.

A. insecticide, B.  fungicide nor C. foliar application made. applied.

2. there was No fertilizer, liquid or dry applied in 2010

3. the seed had No inoculation treatment.

4. this area, app. 100 acres was on the North end of a 340 plus acre field. and I would rate the soil type as the , poorer of the total field.

Note. soybeans are a Legume and appear to respond to residual well maintained and deep soil Nutrition. in My opinion. S.L.

Note, In 2011 the overall S.B. yields were a few bu. higher. on this farm.
But there were no measured areas recorded over 80 Bu. acre. as was the case the Two previous seasons.

HOT and Dry ??? we will never know. 

From My Long term Observations.  there is NO One Magic bullet. Product available  for HIGH, healthy Soybean Production. 

IF there was.   everyone would be growing, harvesting and selling double the yields they are now.

S.L.   end quote.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)