AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

wood fireplace insert blower wiring problems
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

earp
Posted 1/29/2012 19:00 (#2193523)
Subject: wood fireplace insert blower wiring problems

Manila, Ar
I bought a replacement motor for the blower on my wood fireplace. The "direct replacement" has an entirely differnt mounting system which isn't a problem. But the old motor had 4 wires coming from it (fan is 3 speed) and the new motor only has two wires. I'm pretty electically ignorant. Can each wire for the three speeds be twisted together with the motor wire without causing any problems or change in performance? Link for a similar schematic: http://www.servicesales.com/images/buck_bart_wiring_diagram.jpg
-earp's son-in-law
Top of the page Bottom of the page
ccjersey
Posted 1/29/2012 19:44 (#2193622 - in reply to #2193523)
Subject: Re: wood fireplace insert blower wiring problems

Faunsdale, AL
With only 2 wires to the motor, you could simplify the wiring by bypassing the thermostats
Or just twist the single black from the toggle switch, and the 3 wires from the thermostats all together with the wire going to the motor. You now have a single speed blower. May be noisy.

You might want to look at a "dimmer" type switch so that you can slow the blower down if it's very objectionable. I had an Oak Ridge that was configured that way, but the motors were not exposed to heat from the fire even when they were not running. I think a Buck's motors may get overheated if they're not running and there's a hot fire? The variable speed was a simple block with a knob on it that the cord from the stove plugged into and which in turn plugged into an electrical receptacle.
Top of the page Bottom of the page
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)