AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Tile plows? best? worst? what your thoughts?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

sjm4040
Posted 1/10/2012 14:27 (#2153710)
Subject: Tile plows? best? worst? what your thoughts?

Central Michigan
also insight on control systems and mfd vs 4x4 tractors to pull with?
Top of the page Bottom of the page
TS79
Posted 1/10/2012 14:46 (#2153723 - in reply to #2153710)
Subject: Re: Tile plows? best? worst? what your thoughts?

NE Iowa
Personally I like a 3pt. plow on a articulated tractor, so easy to operate in the field. The Gold Digger tile plows by Soil-Max are very popular here on agtalk and many like the new features of the Stealth ZD plow. The Intellislope GPS grade control system is also a very user friendly GPS control system that has been mentioned a lot as well. Here's a couple links for some more information on both. I'm a dealer for both so my opinion may be biased so I'll let some others chime in with their success stories. Feel free to contact me if you have any other specific questions.

http://www.infieldtech.com/gold-digger-tile-plows.html

http://www.infieldtech.com/gps-grade-control.html

gpsdude
Posted 1/10/2012 19:02 (#2154029 - in reply to #2153723)
Subject: Re: Tile plows? best? worst? what your thoughts?

NE South Dakota Clark, SD
I am a big fan of Waynes mounted plows and Liebrecht pull type plows. Also AGPS Pipe FM grade control. As in the above post, I am a dealer for all three. I prefer a 4wd for tiling as MFD do not work near as good in wet conditions or when tiling deep. Traction is king for tiling. The bigger and heavier tractor you have pulling, means less hooking a second tractor on or pre ripping. I do not know where you are located, but if you have specific questions, my contact is in my profile. http://www.farmdrainage.com/ http://www.agpsinc.com/products/pipe-fm http://www.waynestilepro.com/
farmboy99
Posted 1/10/2012 20:24 (#2154228 - in reply to #2153710)
Subject: RE: Tile plows? best? worst? what your thoughts?

SE South Dakota
No tile plow salesman here but a very satisfided Gold Digger user, nearly 500,000 or so feet in the ground. I think they are the best. I have not used the other two mentioned but have watched them in action and still like the Gold Digger as a favorite. It is one easy pulling plow, compared to the rest, imho. The thing is so simple, with a clean design and built very strong.

Jim J
FARMNTILEN
Posted 1/10/2012 21:11 (#2154384 - in reply to #2153710)

Dunnell MN
Inter-Drain 2040GP with 2050 pumps and motors. Double link plow. 20 foot long ocilating tracks. Trimble FMX screen. Have not decided on what color yet.

One more thing. It needs an on board tile reel, and AC.

Edited by FARMNTILEN 1/10/2012 21:22

(1014111602b.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
Attachments 1014111602b.jpg (37KB - 599 downloads)
Sod_Buster83
Posted 1/10/2012 22:11 (#2154570 - in reply to #2154384)

Buda, Illinois
I dont know what you can do with other manufacturers plows but we have a Johnson pull type plow and can lay 12" tile up to 7' deep(HAVE DONE IT SUCCESSFULY 2 TIMES) Johnson plows come in pull type, 3 point, or mounted. As far as plow control systems go all depends on how you want to operate in my opinion if you just want a tile plow with the ability to just go out and lay tile then you should look into intellislope if you want to get more in depth or want more options with you plow control sytem then you shoul look into Trimbe or AGPS pipe fm or pipe pro I am just going to say it and I have my own reasons and probably am the only one who will say it but intellislope is a piece of SH** first off lets start with there slogan or banners you see at farm shows that goes something like "If you have a tractor and can drive you can tile" they should change it to something like "so simple any moron can lay tile" just my 2 cents! Other than planting corn tiling is only the most important operation on the farm if your going to do it I mean its a long term investment and nothing else is going to pay you back as much as tiling will. Also I seen the pic of the inter drain double link self propelled plow(Awesome) obviously if your willing to spend some money on a tile plow Bron, Wolfe, or interdrain are awesome self propelled plows if your looking for something more than a pull type plow!
Sod_Buster83
Posted 1/10/2012 22:33 (#2154641 - in reply to #2153710)

Buda, Illinois
Also whatever you have for a tractor make sure its weighted up as much as you can
Sod_Buster83
Posted 1/10/2012 22:48 (#2154678 - in reply to #2154641)

Buda, Illinois
Video of a Bron
VWBuckeye
Posted 1/10/2012 23:53 (#2154820 - in reply to #2153710)

Ohio
Love our Waynes plow on a Deere 9420. AGPS pipe pro grade control works beautifully and today proved it. Had water running out of every single lateral when I got back to finish the connections. Love the way the mounted plows transfer weight back onto the tractor. I have been working in less than ideal conditions this week and the only thing that stops me is mud filling my duals (not fun to clean out, so I stop). Frozen in the morning thaws out by noon. Only other plow I would go with would either be an Interdrain, Wolfe, or Bron pro plow at this point.
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)