AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

NW Iowa land auction, $20000 an acre!
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Crop TalkMessage format

Stormwatcher
Posted 12/8/2011 14:21 (#2091746 - in reply to #2091687)
Subject: Re: NW Iowa land auction, $20000 an acre!

WCMO-SWMO Area
starvation - 12/8/2011 13:27

I have a friend that knows and talked to the cryer, the man that bought this is a sto dairy farmer 50+ cows , farms 240ac, ok the 2nd to the last bidder has steped on the toes of the buyer for yrs, from rent or buying land he had or wanted, ( not only that but I will say no names but anyone that knows who the 2nd to the last bidder, knows he is a prick.) ok back to the buyer, the 80 he bought lays next to land, as far as the $ it is pd with cash and the dairy is 100% debt free and still has planty of cash to plant crops for yrs to come, buyer's MIL died sometime back and a large sum of $ changed hands. I also was told that if the 2nd bidder would not have quite bidding this could have/would have gone 10g/ac high. now tell me again farming is not personal. I trust my friend that told me this, so yes I beleive it.

Well that explains it...There are a couple of 50 cow dairy farms in my area and neither has anywheres close to 1.6 million laying in the bank....A wealthy MIL sure helped things..
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)