AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

cake/cube feeders?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Stock TalkMessage format

PTO
Posted 5/25/2011 21:42 (#1792066)
Subject: cake/cube feeders?

Northeast Misery
I'm familiar with the mydhandy feeders, there are several around here and I just looked at a 3c on the 'net there's a dealer not too far, but have never seen one in person. Opinions on these or any others I should look at? Preferably within a half-day drive of NEMO.

tia
Top of the page Bottom of the page
wayneNWAR
Posted 5/25/2011 22:15 (#1792144 - in reply to #1792066)
Subject: RE: cake/cube feeders?

north west arkansas
I have a mydHandy feeder and it has served me well, but their is no feeder on the market that even compares to the 3c. The 3c are much more expensive also, and the feed counter is a joke. The hyd. chute is a very nice option also. Because of the price Bar 6 is the most common around here and they hold up well. On the Bar 6 the have an option that adds a pulley to slow down the auger that makes them work alot better.

Edit. I have a scale on my feeder and wouldn't have one without one now.

Edited by wayneNWAR 5/25/2011 22:26
Jim@OakHill
Posted 5/25/2011 22:23 (#1792166 - in reply to #1792066)

ECMo
I have a 3C made in Oklahoma and I like it. I tried a My-D-Handy and took it back. It would not unload fast enough. The feed would not fall down to the auger and it did not have a counter. There is a lot of difference in price.I also got a vibrator and hydraulic chute.
proud2Bafarmer
Posted 5/26/2011 22:56 (#1793866 - in reply to #1792166)

Baldwin City, KS
I have a triple C and we like it. Like the other guy said, the counter is kind of crappy and if a guy was really trying to do a good job, scales is probably the answer. Ours came with a pickup we bought, otherwise I might not own one given the cost. It's not a heavily relied on piece of equip arong here any way since we feed alot of Loomix, silage and alfalfa I think if I had to go and buy a new one right now it would come from Bar six in Protection, KS or Luco in Strong city, KS. I think a new one from those guys would be less than half the cost of a Triple C Hydra feeder.
ksfarmboy
Posted 5/27/2011 17:15 (#1794890 - in reply to #1792144)
Subject: Re: cake/cube feeders?

Wayne, is the scale an option from 3C or is it one that you put on from another manufacturer? We have a 3C put like you said the counter has not proven to be reliable besides which when it did work we couldn't get it to program right for the lbs./revolution calculation. We have ours on a 3-point carrier on the tractor and it is hydraulically driven. This set-up workd for us because we can feed hay and cubes with one vehicle.
wayneNWAR
Posted 5/28/2011 00:26 (#1795518 - in reply to #1794890)
Subject: Re: cake/cube feeders?

north west arkansas
I got mine from central city scale in nebraska. Mine was $975 and I am pretty sure they are still the same price. Mine has been trouble free and they were nice people to deal with.
cows-n-crops
Posted 5/28/2011 01:40 (#1795556 - in reply to #1792066)

NEMO
Come to La Plata and you can see mine. The first year the digital meter worked great, 10 revolutions equaled 1 bucket. The next year it might have worked, can't remember. Now it hasn't worked for several years. We just time how long it takes to fill a bucket and then adjust how long we take up and down the bunks. The 6 inch auger is nice and having hydraulic power allows you to run the auger backward to pull the feed back in when done at the bunk. The box is built heavy enough so you can still haul 2 bales and not scrunch it. Not sure the other brands are made with that in mind?

On a side note: Turning to SHARP with a gooseneck trailer can really test the strength of the box and the trailer, I think it was a tie! :-)
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)