AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Gleaner L3 value
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

McCartman
Posted 6/5/2007 21:08 (#158797 - in reply to #158739)
Subject: Re: Taco L's

There were some L3's (Taco L's) made south o' the border. Allis Chalmers opened a manufacturing facility down there and they did market some L3's from that plant in the U.S. There weren't many, if I remember correctly, and the ones they did produce were a nightmare. Extremely poor quality workmanship. I think Allis even tried rounding them all up and running them through the Independence, MO plant for rebuild.....?? Maybe someone else knows more of the particulars on these.

The L4's were made in that plant. They were the only conventional Gleaners with the "Deutz-Allis" color scheme (dark blue frames, gray wheels, green stripe decals) with the Allis Chalmers name on them. They ran Cummins engines, heavier main shaft, and some other upgrades from the L3. From what I have heard, these were some pretty good machines, but very few of those were built too. I have an Uncle who ran M3's who drove out to Kansas to look at one that was for sale. He was quite tempted to buy it, but didn't for other reasons.
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)