AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Liquid 28% sidedress applicators
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

DG N. AL
Posted 6/3/2007 14:54 (#157859 - in reply to #157676)
Subject: We built this one last winter (pics)

Hillsboro, AL

We were not happy with our pull type applicator and built this rig last winter.  It uses Dawn 3004 units on a John Deere 845 flat fold bar.  We removed the trash wheel from the 3004, because they were racking to much residue onto the corn row.

Nitrogen applicator

We are getting more splatter than I want to see.  We are running liquid tubes to a bushing in the stock Dawn dry tube.  We helped the problem by putting the liquid hose farther into the tube.  I think Dawn now has a different liquid tube available.  Jim can comment on that if he wishes.

Dawn 3004

The Dawn 3004 is made much like a John Deere 750 opener with a heavy single disk blade running at an angle.  Dawn has the option of a closing wheel.  I don't know if the closing wheel will make much difference with UAN, but would certainly be needed with UAH.

Single disk opener

Our ground is too uneven to lock the wings down.  We let them float.  400# of suit case weights on each wing took care of any penetration problems this spring and we were dry at the time.

Side dress rig

Penetration

We fill with a 2" pump with 2" hose.  3" would be nice I guess.

I have video of the unit running here and here.  The videos are large and not recommended on dial up.  We are running 7.5-8 mph in the video using RTK auto steer.

Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)