AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

RoGator 854 Hydraulic Oil Temp Gets Warm
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

obie_iaffa
Posted 3/12/2011 17:31 (#1666430)
Subject: RoGator 854 Hydraulic Oil Temp Gets Warm

NE Iowa
Got a 97 854 RoGator. Curious where everyone's hydraulic oil temp runs while spraying? Mine runs shy of the warning area then I'm in the field spraying and if I road the machine more than around 8-10 miles in 4th gear, the warning light comes on. If I shift back down to third for awhile(say 3-5 minutes), then the oil temp will cool down enough I can go back up to 4th and repeat the process until I get to my destination. My hydraulic charge pressure also is running up close to the red zone on the gauge. I've cleaned the oil cooler on front(wasn't really dirty at all), and have changed hydraulic filters and it hasn't helped the situation at all. Any ideas from anyone? TIA
Top of the page Bottom of the page
sprayertech
Posted 3/12/2011 17:38 (#1666438 - in reply to #1666430)
Subject: Re: RoGator 854 Hydraulic Oil Temp Gets Warm

Belwood, Ontario
Charge should be around 300-350 psi while moving. if it doesnt drop around 150 psi from neutral to forward then the RV5 is not opening and dumpimg oil to the colers.
Try a new RV5 valve ( it is sticking straight down from the bottom of the drive bloc at threar of the machine.
You could also try changing the hot oil shuttles from one side to the other, they are on the back of the drive block
obie_iaffa
Posted 3/12/2011 17:56 (#1666465 - in reply to #1666438)

NE Iowa
Thanks sprayertech. I know I'm always running around 550 or a shade more PSI at full RPM in nuetral and I don't think it drops down that far when I'm actually moving. Oil temp is almost always around that 180-190 defree F mark on any 75 degree day after everything gets warmed up. I"m assuming my Cat dealer should know what I'm talking about if I tell them I need an RV5 valve. Enlighten me on the hot oil shuttles? I'll forwarn you I'm not overly knowledgable on the technical side of RoGators. This unit did have the hydro take a crap 2 years ago and sent brass filings through the whole system and we had to go through all 4 wheel motors in the process. Thanks again
sprayertech
Posted 3/12/2011 18:15 (#1666501 - in reply to #1666465)

Belwood, Ontario
RV 5 pn AG717333, Hot oil shuttle AG719073

RV5 sends piloted oil to open the hot oil shuttle to drain oil from the low pres side of the circuit (return oil the hydros) and sends it to the coolers.
The charge pump replenishes this oil throught the make up check valvles, and thta is 150 psi drop you should see. If RV 5 does not open then no oil can be drained off to cool.
One other thing to check is that you dont have one wheel motor getting hotter than the others, due to an internal leak, this will cause a slow heat build up aswell, but you should either notice aloss of charge pres, or act like your dragging a tree., but I would look towards RV5 first.
obie_iaffa
Posted 3/12/2011 18:50 (#1666555 - in reply to #1666501)

NE Iowa
Thanks, will be trying these to see if it helps.
sprayertech
Posted 3/12/2011 19:55 (#1666678 - in reply to #1666555)

Belwood, Ontario
let me know how you make out
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)