AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Replacing 4430 fender
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

fergfarm
Posted 4/24/2007 23:50 (#141894)
Subject: Replacing 4430 fender

Northwest Missouri
I have a 75' model JD 4430 with a rough looking right hand fender....I am going to replace it with a new one, but before I do this I am wondering if there are any tips or tricks involced with doing this....
Top of the page Bottom of the page
tomnwoh
Posted 4/25/2007 07:43 (#141955 - in reply to #141894)
Subject: RE: Replacing 4430 fender

curtice,ohio
i did one on a 4230. i think the fender goes down the whole side of the cab. newer cabs have just the fender replacement. my cab was off due to tranny repair. i completely cut off all the old welds and replaced both sides. got replacements from deere dealer. very time consuming,but came out really nice.
pirlbeck
Posted 4/25/2007 09:52 (#142026 - in reply to #141894)
Subject: RE: Replacing 4430 fender

West Central Iowa
The later 40 series Deere Soundgard bodies had bolt on fenders, where as your tractor has a weld on fender which is also the whole cab side. The LH one is not too bad to replace with the OE style weld on, but the RH one has a lot of spot welds where it attached to the side console, which mades it a lot more work to replace. You can use the bolt on fender on your tractor by cutting just the fender off and leaving the cab side in tack. Bolt the new fender the the old fender flange with carriage bolts. It will take just a little fab work to make the support braces work. I have done them both ways and I will now only use the bolt on fender......a lot less work, time and expense. The bolt on fender is available aftermarket for a fraction of the cost of the complete fender/cab side.The JD price for the fender/cab side is $510.00 and the JD price for the bolt on fender is $350.00. You should be able to buy the aftermarket bolt on fender for around $200.00
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1 [50 messages per page]
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)