AgTalk Home
AgTalk Home
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Insulating a pole shed
View previous thread :: View next thread
   Forums List -> Machinery TalkMessage format

donny
Posted 1/1/2011 14:46 (#1519588)
Subject: Insulating a pole shed

Shop Insulation
I have been planning on insulating a pole shed, but cant decide whats the best way to do it.

-I dont like the idea of a typical shelf/bat isulation, it is cheap but will likely settle and be drafty.

-Spray on insulation seems to be the ticket but it is costly. For some reason I dont like the idea of spray on foam on the iterior side of my outer walls. If a sheet needs to be replaced I will have to deal with getting it reinsulated. The nice part about spraying the walls is that I could take my time hanging the interior steel when I have time to do it.

- Has anyone ever lined the walls with 2'' sheets of pink foam board insulation nailed to the inside of the boards that the exterior steel is screwed to. This would give you 2'' of foam insulation for about .75/sq ft. Then spray on an inch of spray foam for a completely tight seal. This plan gives you the benifit of sprayfoam without it being stuck on your steel and the the 2'' foam board is about 1/2 price per inch think.
If more isulation was wanted could 4'' of fiberglass be put inbetween the nailers when installing the interior steel or will moisture/mold become an issue with the moisture barriar (closed cell foam) not completley on the warm side? Sorry for the long post but I have been thinking about this alot.

Edited by donny 1/1/2011 14:47
Top of the page Bottom of the page

Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

(Delete cookies)